Are you looking for a high-quality bike at an affordable rate? Are you having a hard time locating the best bikes for women that suit your everyday need (reliable, affordable, economical, durable, high-quality, and great endurance)? Are you having a tough time figuring out where to even start looking?
Well, look no further!
Let’s face it: We’ve all had a tough time locating an affordable road bike for women that are the perfect fit and fulfills our every need day in and day out. It’s a stressful, overwhelming and just plain difficult task to carry out and there are a lot of factors to consider before your purchase, plus you never want to squander your hard-earned money on something that’s going to disappoint you and break down before the end of summer.
We know your struggle all too well, so our team at Road Bike Hub sat down and put our heads together for weeks to formulate a quick, simple, and comprehensive guide of four of the most important features you should consider before purchasing a bike and the best road bikes for women that are currently on the market.
What You Should Consider Before Buying The Best Bike For Women
Before you decide what type of bike you’re going to purchase, you should think about what type of terrain you’re going to be cycling on. Road bikes are best suited for commuting, exercise, and casual rides while mountain bikes are better suited for rough terrain.
Road bikes have thin, high-pressure tires that don’t flatten much on hard asphalt surfaces. The less a tire flattens at the bottom, the less surface area is in contact with the road. Less contact means less friction and less friction means faster riding speeds.
Mountain bikes have wider and fatter tires (than road bikes) and usually tend to flatten out when riding on hard asphalt surfaces. There is, therefore, more surface area in contact with the road, which leads to an increase in friction and this subsequently leads to slower riding speeds. Even though mountain bikes perform poorly in well-developed urban areas, they perform extremely well on bumpy and rocky surfaces.
If you’re looking for the best road bike for women that will give you faster speeds when cycling in urban areas, we would highly recommend purchasing a road bike. If you’re looking for a bike to help you meander rough terrain, then a mountain bike is the best fit for you.
Comfort is really important when cycling, and we’ve found that road bikes for women offer the best comfort during longer rides.
The best women’s road bikes are equipped with drop handlebars for multiple hand positions and more space to rest your arms on when tired. They are also designed with a more relaxed geometry for better back positioning and a more upright position that makes longer rides much more comfortable.
You’re going to want your bike to be built from a frame that’s lightweight, sturdy and durable, and the four main materials you’ll find the best women’s road bikes built from are titanium, carbon, steel, and aluminum.
- Titanium frames are extremely durable and can last a long time if properly maintained. They are similar in weight to aluminum frames and are as comfortable as steel and carbon frames, but they are quite expensive. (They can cost upwards of $8,000.)
- Carbon frames are comfortable, light and durable. However, they cost almost as much as titanium-framed bikes.
- Steel frames are comfortable, durable and pretty inexpensive. Their downside, however, is that they are heavy, which would slow you down, and some steel frames do rust.
- Aluminum frames are light and sturdy, which make them perform tremendously when you travel or race your bike at faster speeds over longer distances. They won’t crack or rust easily and are also shock-absorbing.
Aluminum frames are our preferred option among-est the four frames because they offer great efficiency at a more affordable price. Learn more about bike frames here.
Above all else, you want a road bike for women that increases your comfort and minimizes your effort when cycling, and road bikes offer plenty of features that make them much more efficient and economical than other types of bikes out there:
» Their drop handlebars offer multiple hand positions and more space to rest your arms on when tired.
» Their lightweight and sturdy frames allow you to travel longer distances faster with minimal effort.
» Their thin, high-pressure tires help increase cycling speeds.
» They are designed with a more relaxed geometry for better back positioning and have a more upright position that makes longer rides more comfortable.
Top Five Best Bikes For Women Review in 2018
1. Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike 700C Wheels
Schwinn Discover Women’s Hybrid Bike ranks high as the best road bike for women. It’s built from a lightweight and sturdy aluminum city frame with an upright riding position for better back positioning, and a padded saddle with a suspension seat post for added comfort as you ride.
This schwinn discover women’s hybrid bike is also fitted with a suspension fork to absorb shock, a swept-back handlebar with an adjustable stem, fenders, easy-to-use hand brakes, and a Shimano TX-31 rear derailleur and 21-speed SRAM grip shifters for fast and easy gear changes.
Other additional features this bike offers includes a Schwinn alloy crank for a wider gear range, Promax alloy linear pull brakes for quick and precise braking, and a rear rack for carrying extra items.
- Lightweight, sturdy and durable.
- Designed with an upright riding position for better back positioning.
- Padded saddle with a suspension seat post for added comfort.Shock-absorbing.
- Wide gear range.
- Fast and easy gear changes.
- Easy-to-use handbrakes.
- Quick and precise braking.
- Rear rack.
2. Northwoods Pomona Women’s Cruiser Bike
Built from a hand-crafted aluminum frame, the Northwoods Pomona Women’s Cruiser Bike is lightweight, sturdy, nimble, and agile. It’s designed with a very comfortable cruiser seat, a kickstand mounted at the rear wheel – which virtually eliminates having to lean the bike on walls, lamp posts, etc – and a shock-absorbing dual suspension frame for the smoothest and most enjoyable riding experience.
Additionally, this women road bike is built from lightweight components such as alloy rims, stem, and a quick release seat clamp that help you achieve faster speeds with minimal effort, a Shimano rear derailleur for quick and easy gear changes, ergonomically fit steel handlebars with twist shifters for better balance and control, and custom-designed cruiser tires with 36 spoke and 26-inch aluminum wheels for easy movement.
- Lightweight, sturdy, nimble, and agile.
- Shock-absorbing dual suspension frame for smoother rides.
- Quick and easy gear changes.
- Ergo fit steel handlebars for better balance and control.
- 36 spoke and 26-inch aluminum wheels for easy movement.
- Comfy cruiser seat.
3. Vilano Women’s Classic Urban Commuter Single Speed Bike Fixie Style City Mint Pearl Road Bicycle
The Vilano Women’s Classic Commuter Single Speed Bike is one of the most elegant, classic, efficient and best women road bike currently on the market. It’s built from a classic steel frame with a relaxed geometry, a suspension saddle, and mustache handlebars with comfort grips that provide a more comfortable riding position and a smoother ride.
It also comes with 700c wheels for a more stable ride, a coaster brake that allows you to brake with your feet, free platform pedals and a kickstand, and a completely gorgeous design that’s perfect for urban riding.The Vilano Classic Commuter Single Speed Bike may be simple, but it is reliable, comfortable, and offers tremendous value.
- Beautifully designed bicycle for urban riding.
- Built from a steel frame with a relaxed geometry for better back positioning and comfort.
- A suspension saddle and mustache handlebars with comfort grips for additional comfort.
- 700c wheels for a more stable ride.
- Coaster brake for easy braking.
- Free platform pedals and a kickstand.
4. Schwinn Women’s Siro 700C Hybrid Bicycle
Built from a sturdy, lightweight and nimble Schwinn aluminum hybrid frame, the Schwinn Siro Hybrid Bicycle is a great road bike for women. Schwinn women’s siro 700C hybrid bicycle constructed with efficient suspension forks for a comfortable and shock-free ride, a Shimano 21 speed rear derailleur with Shimano EZ Fire shifters for quick and easy gear changes, and strong, lightweight alloy rims and front quick release to ensure that the bike lasts you for years to come.
This women road bike is also equipped with linear pull brakes for optimum stopping power, full fenders and a rear carrier for a pleasurable riding experience, a padded comfort style seat with a suspension seat post for added comfort, and a swept-back handlebar for the perfect upright riding position for better back positioning and extra comfort.
- Sturdy, lightweight and nimble.
- Shock-absorbing Schwinn suspension fork.
- Shimano 21 speed rear derailleur with Shimano EZ Fire shifters for quick and easy gear changes.
- Strong and lightweight alloy rims and front quick release.
- Linear pull brakes for optimum stopping power.
- Fenders and a rear carrier.
- Padded comfort style seat with a suspension seat post for a more comfortable ride.
- Swept-back handlebar for the perfect upright riding position.
5. Giordano Libero 1.6 White/Pink Womens Road Bike
The Giordano Libero 1.6 White/Pink Womens Road Bike is another simple, yet efficient women’s road bike. It’s built from a strong, durable, lightweight, and hand-crafted 6061 aluminum frame and comes with a 16-speed Shimano STI drivetrain that gives you a wide range of gear options so that you don’t feel restricted as you ride.
In addition, the Giordano Libero women road bike comes with double water bottle mounts, a 1 ⅛-inch threadless stem, and comes with forks made of high tensile steel that absorb shock and minimize vibrations on bumpy roads in order to provide you with a smoother and more comfortable ride.It is simplistic, but the care and the detail that go into making this bike make us believe that it is one of the best women road bike you will find on the market.
- Lightweight, strong and durable hand-crafted aluminum frame.
- 16-speed Shimano STI drivetrain.
- Dual water bottle mounts.
After weeks of pouring over hundreds of women’s road bikes and pulling together our extensive knowledge and experience to write this compendium, we truly feel that these five road bikes are the best bikes for women and will deliver more value than their actual cost, and we hope that this guide helped direct you towards exactly what you’re looking for in a bike.
Whether you’re commuting to work, taking a leisurely ride in the park, running errands or exercising, these versatile bikes listed above are sure to see you through all of your adventures, all of the seasons, and accompany you for years to come.
Did you like this post,let me know what do you think?